1. FuelCell Energy SureSource Power Plant Using On-Site Anaerobic Digester Gas Achieves Certification for California Air Resources Board Distributed Generation (DG) Clean Air Standards
2. PRESS RELEASE: Anaerobic Digestion Can Underpin Clean Growth Strategy - Urgent RHI Renewal Needed – ADBA
"The multi-faceted nature of AD means that, with the right support, it can play a central role in decarbonising heat, electricity, transport, and farming, as well as increasing energy and food security and restoring the UK’s degraded soils. No other technology can make such a key contribution to so many different areas of the Clean Growth Strategy."We welcome the government’s ambition to divert all food waste from landfill by 2030 and to support local authorities in rolling out separate food waste collections.
We also welcome the strategy’s highlighting of the importance of best practice in AD. ADBA’s pioneering, industry-led Best Practice Scheme, which will be launched in full later this year, will help support AD operators in meeting the highest environmental, health and safety, and operational standards.
The publication of the Clean Growth Strategy today is a welcome sign that the government is starting to think about how we can make the deep emissions cuts that will be necessary to meet the Fourth and Fifth Carbon Budgets over the next 15 years.
Urgent tabling of legislation on the Renewable Heat Incentive to renew support for biomethane-to-grid;
- A long-term replacement for the Feed-In Tariff to support small-scale renewable electricity generation;
- Mandatory separate food waste collections in England to allow AD to recycle this vital and underused resource; and
- A new support system for farmers that rewards carbon abatement and incentivises the use of biofertiliser to restore soils.